Powerpc_image_size restriction

Hello:
I am a novice to eCos. I am able to build the ecos
libraries(powerpc) and can link to our application
code for a MPC8240 based eval board.  The procedure is
just to put the image into flash and reboot. I don't
have any debugging environment on my eval_board. After
linking the application code, the image.bin is
generated. If this image size is >1.4mb, then only the
board is coming up and the application code is
running. I don't know what defines this size
requirement. I want to make this size as small as
possible. Can any one have any suggestion regarding
this problem or know what files to look at to fix
this. I don't know whether I provided all the info
needed for this problem, but I can tell if you need
any.
Thanks a bunch,
Bhanu.