Re: Sharing JFFS2 file system between ecos and linux

I create a JFFS2 file system containing the kernel image as
a file. Some of the flash memory is set aside to contain an
instance or RedBoot, which has support for reading files
from JFFS2. RedBoot loads the kernel and executes it. The kernel
then mounts the JFFS2 as its root file system. A simple and elegant
solution, of course, but will it work? I guess not.

This is exactly what I do and it works fine (including compression).

I did need to do this:
http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2004-03/msg00036.html
to prevent loaded files from overwriting the heap.

David Vrabel
--
David Vrabel, Design Engineer

Arcom, Clifton Road           Tel: +44 (0)1223 411200 ext. 3233
Cambridge CB1 7EA, UK         Web: http://www.arcom.com/