Beginner's questions

Hi!
I am considering using eCos for a new project of a user interface
(with LCD, keyboard and some communication interfaces: ethernet,
serial, IrDA, USB).

The processor of choice is one of the following list:
Hynix HMS30C7202, HMS30C7210
Renesas H8S/2674R, H8S/2328
Renesas SH3/7705, SH3/7727

I have a few questions which I would be very happy to have answered!
Here they go:

1. In the on-line documentation, I have not found portings for one of
the above processors, however there are portings for similar ones.
Would it be very difficult for a beginner to get eCos working on one
of above CPUs? (time estimate?)

2. Some of above processors have a built-in IrDA and/or USB
interface. Does eCos provide the necessary protocol stacks for these
interfaces? Do they need some difficult adaptation work?

3. The Ethernet interface would be used for a webserver (running on
the target board) and for a SNMP protocol and for a telnet server.
Are these functionalities included in eCOS and do they require lots
of adaptation work in order to get them working on above processors?
The Ethernet hardware would be made out of a Cirrus CS8900A MAC+PHY
chip.

4. What toolchains do you suggest? Open source or commercial (e.g.
from KEIL, IAR, ARM, etc.)

Thanks!