Re: where is ecosconfig?

At 09:15 PM 3/30/2004, Gary Thomas wrote:

Charles McManis said:
> Just out of curiosity, the cvs tree from ecos.sourceware.org does not contain
> ecosconfig. The linux tarball does, but it must be under cvs somewhere right?

It's there, you just need to know where to look :-)

You'll find the sources in .../ecos/host/tools/configtool  Instructions for
how to rebuild it (not for the faint of heart :-) are on the website.

Nope, if you do this: cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@ecos.sourceware.org:/cvs/ecos co -P ecos

You get lots of stuff, including all the packages in current, but you don't get a 'host' directory under ecos. However, if you then cd to the newly created ecos directory and do this:

cvs co host

You do get the host subdirectory and all of its tools.

Which is sort of a bummer since I just finished hacking the 2.0 source to build and now have to do it all over again :-).

That being said, its really, really difficult to build on FreeBSD systems (from the 2.0 Linux tarball) because of FreeBSD's default to put TCL under
/usr/local/include/tcl8.4/
/usr/local/lib/tcl8.4/
/usr/local/bin/tclsh8.4

The --with-tcl-version stuff in the configure files doesn't quite work the way one would hope. The --with-tcl-header and --with-tcl-lib are not even activated unless MSVC is also true so they are no help. I can manually hack the configure files to find TCL and do the right thing but I've not figured out the "proper" way to do this yet.

On a related note, are the configure files generated automatically or by hand? They seem to be done by hand by editing some template. I'll make my diffs available for those who might want to use them. I've also started to look at what it would take to create a 'ports' version of ecos for FreeBSD. Again, another project I've not got time for but perhaps...

--Chuck