Re: PPP handling of unknown CI configuration requests

Øyvind Harboe <oyvind.harboe@zylin.com> writes:

> I'm trying to get PPP to work against Windows and although I know very
> little about PPP, I get the impression from glossing over the PPP RFC
> that unknown CI configuration requests should be silently ignored.

I'm not sure about that. RFC1661 says:

5.4 Configure-Reject

    Description

    If some Configuration Options received in a Configure-Request are
    not recognizable or are not acceptable for negotiation (as
    configured by a network administrator), then the implementation
    MUST transmit a Configure-Reject. The Options field is filled with
    only the unacceptable Configuration Options from the
    Configure-Request. All recognizable and negotiable Configuration
    Options are filtered out of the Configure-Reject, but otherwise
    the Configuration Options MUST NOT be reordered or modified in any
    way.

> My debug sessions indicate that the link isn't quite as quickly shut
> down at least.

I don't see any serious delays in shutdown. It does take a couple of
seconds however.