Re: Problems with ppp and Windows - Checked by AntiVir DEMO vers

Hello,

I don't know if this could be the problem, but in my codes I
also initialize the sin_len member of the sockaddr_in
structure like:

sin.sin_len = sizeof(sin);

Although I know that under Linux the structure seems not to
have this member.

I remember that I had some problems under eCos without doing
this, but I don't remember which problems.

Best regards,
Roland

Am Donnerstag, 22. April 2004 14:37 schrieb Øyvind Harboe:
> I've run out of food and drink. This will be my last note
> in my log :-)
>
> - the problem is that accept() in the attached
> application does not wake up until I kill the telnet
> process. I'm pretty confident that this app is correct,
> because it works when I compile and runit from CygWin. -
> Debugging TCP/IP is really difficult without an in depth
> knowledge of TCP/IP and the freebsd stack. However, I
> believe that accept() should be awoken by the invocation
> of soisconnected() from tcp_input.c since this is what
> happens when I kill the windows telnet process. I don't
> know what the significance, if any, it is that TCPOPT_CC
> is not received and hence a "3 way handshake" is to be
> used instead. - As near as I can tell, Windows believes
> it is connected, because I receive packets in my eCos
> application for the text I typed into the telnet session
> before I kill the telnet process. - I've submitted
> various patches lately in this regard, but nothing
> earthshattering.
>

> Attached: echo.c CygWin/Linux echo app. Same code gets
> stuck on accept() w/PPP, Windows PPP server when running
> under eCos.

VS Vision Systems GmbH, Industrial Image Processing
Dipl.-Ing. Roland Caßebohm
Aspelohe 27A, D-22848 Norderstedt, Germany
Mail: roland.cassebohm@visionsystems.de
http://www.visionsystems.de