Re: Device driver I/O space

Jason Thomas said:
>    I have a PCI device that allows you to write an I/O space address and
> size into two registers. This then becomes a window in I/O space memory
> you can read/write to. The problem is, I haven't a clue how to find
> which I/O space memory address ranges are available for these
> operations. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

These addresses will be configured automatically when eCos sets up
the PCI bus (or the BIOS on platforms that have such).  You then
only need to query to find the device and eCos will tell you what
values to use for the addresses.

Look at existing PCI drivers to see how this is done.  An example
of such a driver is hal/arm/xscale/uE250/current/src/uE250_ide.c