Re: on board MAC support

Sai Naidu <naiduk@intotoinc.com> writes:

> hi!
>
> I am using a IXP425 board. i have built the redboot boot loader  image
> after checking out the latest code from the CVS 3 weeks back.
>
> I am able to ping the other machines in the network when i use a PCI
> add-on card on my board, but i am not able to do the same using the
> Ethernet ports provided on the COYOTE board.
>
> when i run the fconfig -i command , i am not getting the option to
> change the default network device.
>

> Has this got something to do with the code i checked out or am I missing
> out in setting some parameters? I would be thankful if any one could
> guide me on this.

There is no mechanism in the standard RedBoot for changing the default
network device at runtime. The usual approach is to configure RedBoot
to contain a different driver.

What you had before may be a special version of RedBoot created by
Intel. Unfortunately Intel have not contributed any of the work they
have done for the XScale platforms back to the public source tree. The
two main reasons for their not doing this have been resolved recently,
so hopefully they may move on this. But don't hold your breath.