Re: FW: ecos install in linux

    Tony> I want to install ecos in linux as flowing:
    Tony> make a diretory in ecos soure tree,
    Tony> run the command:

    Tony> CC=arm-elf-gcc \
    Tony> ./configure --target=arm-linux \
    Tony> --host=i386-linux \
    Tony> --prefix=/home1/mylib/ecosinstall

    Tony> but I get an error:

    Tony> checking whether the C compiler (arm-elf-gcc  ) works... no
    Tony> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler =
    Tony> cannot create executables.

    Tony> What is the matter?

You have not read the documentation.

The configure script is for rebuilding the host-side support tools. It
is not used for building eCos itself, that uses completely separate
configuration technology. I suggest reading the eCos User's Guide.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect