Can we add the intel npe package to the latest sources? (was Re: Problems programming Intel's J3 Stratoflash chip)

Hello,

I'm using the latest cvs sources and building redboot for a custom ixp425
board. We're using the npes on the ixp425 and have downloaded the npe
packages from Intel. On reading the instructions from Intel it says that we
need to download the sources from Redhat(which includes fixes for block lock
status bits the StrataFlash 28F128J3(C)). Once that is done, we're supposed
to just add  the npe package to these sources using ecosadmin.tcl.

My questions:

1)I'd like to use the latest cvs sources - I'm integrating some of the pci
ide support and other stuff.
Can I  just add the npe package directly to the cvs sources and work off of
that? Has anyone done this and can vouch for the npe stuff working off their
cvs built Redboot  images?

Note: I was successfully able to add the npe package direct to my anonymous
cvs tree..(but that doesn't necessarily mean that the two are compatible)

2)I've seen a few postings (one from Mark Salter saying that the block lock
status bits fix for the J3C will be checked in to the latest sources - has
this been done? I have ye to ssync my source tree - it has been a few months
now and was wondering whether this has been done?

3) When Intel says the Redboot do they mean the cvs sources...

Thanks!

Krishna