Re: license

On Thursday 08 July 2004 22:25, David N. Welton wrote:
> Chris Gray <chris.gray@kiffer.be> writes:
> > > Ps: I found it on a website of a RTOS vendor : green hill, I don't
> > > want to blaim anyone..
> >
> > Well, you could blame GreenHills, as they're the responsible
> > publisher ...
>
> GreenHills are notorious FUD mongers.

They are doing themselves a disservice. Anyone who has read one decent article
on using open-source software would see the inaccuracies and be annoyed.

If you license third-party software for use in your product then you need to
read and understand the license, period. And here "you" means not just you
the developer, but your company and hence your company's legal advisor. Some
open-source licenses can create real problems when mixed with proprietary
software in embedded systems; OTOH proprietary software licenses can have
some "interesting" clauses too. Today's latin tag: caveat emptor.

--
Chris Gray                      /k/ Embedded Java Solutions
Embedded & Mobile Java, OSGi        http://www.kiffer.be/k/