Re: PPP Windows test application

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 17:18, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 12:56:51PM +0200, ?yvind Harboe wrote:
> > A while ago I posted this patch, which has not been applied or commented
> > on.
> >
> > http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2004-06/msg00039.html
> >
> > The idea is that it would be useful to share a test application when
> > discussing PPP issues, e.g. its on my list to trace down some memory
> > problems with the PPP stack.
>
> Nick said he would take care of this. Last time i talked to him about
> this, he said he would try to find time to setup a M$ box to test it
> with.  I don't have a M$ box so i cannot test it either.

>From my experiences with PPP so far, I believe that while it is useful
to test against a Windows PPP server, it is more important to test PPP
against a tight memory budget. bsd_tcpip appears to work fine with a
Windows PPP server.

I did try lwIP for tight memory conditions, but found that it required
much tweaking on of the client code(e.g. an ftp server) as it lacks the
tight integration with eCos that bsd_tcpip has.

Obviously someone who has plenty of RAM would disagree :-)

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com