Re: RedBoot for the i386 PC platform

Muna Hummady <muna_hummady@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hello
> I'm trying to build eCos v2.0 on Linux 7.3 and then
> building RedBoot for the i386 PC platform. I have some
> problems:
> 1. IÂm building the eCos v1.3.1 and run the examples
> programs under the host target. But, as you know that
> the eCos v1.3.1 source code doesnÂt supplied with
> RedBoot. When IÂm building eCos v2.0 I couldnÂt run
> any example program on the host target. A message
> appears in the command line (segmentation fault).

Don't even think about using v1.3.1, v2.0 or later is what you should
be using.

What do you mean by running programs on the host target? Programs
built for the PC target expect to run on a bare PC, not under
Linux. The synthetic target allows you to do that.

> 2.	I couldnÂt load any example program to the remote
> target and then debug it. IÂm using the serial
> communication between the host and remote targets.

Does RedBoot start up on your target machine? Does it put out its
banner and prompt on the serial line you are using? If not, then make
that work first.