Re: Implementing JVM for ecos

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 08:27:25AM +1200, Vik Olliver wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 09:26, Chris Gray wrote:
> > > What about the FOSS SuperWaba VM from http://www.superwaba.com?
> >
> > It's a fine product, but it's not Java. (it's a strict subset of the Java
> > language, according to the developers).
>
> True, but it is optimised for embedded applications - which might fit
> ecos deployment very well. I have heard rumours that porting to ecos is
> being investigated, and it might not hurt to have it as an option.

There are other commercial JVM/VM solutions that have had one-off
or alpha ports made to eCos too. eCosCentric will be making a formal
announcement[1] in this area over the coming weeks & months as part
of a series of third party applications certified against eCosPro.

 Daniel

[1] Any commercial announcement *if* posted to ecos-discuss will have
the word COMMERCIAL prepended to the subject line, just like the
other three approved postings by eCosCentric in the last 18 months.
Those wishing to prime their spam filters....  ;-)

--
 Daniel Morris  +44 1269 591 171