Re: arm-elf-objcopy

Hi Aravind.

I don't know if I can help, but I needed to use a little manoeuvre to make the EPROM possible on my AT91M558000 basead board.

After I generate my .elf file I was using objcopy to generate a .hex file. It happens that the .hex did not work in my EETOLS TOP MAX Programmer. So I generated the .bin file, but it was huge (32MB). The objcopy generated a flat file that comprised the whole target memory map. So, I edited the .bin file and cut out all bytes until the beginning of the efective code (I supposed it should be at 0x0200:0000 but it was at 0x1FF:FC00).
Afterwards I saved the new .bin file and recorded my EPROM and it worked fine!!

Marco

Aravind B wrote:

hi,
i am trying to convert .elf to .hex file using the command
arm-elf-objcopy -O ihex receive.elf receive.hex.
My .elf file is 4.2Mb. But my .hex file size is 9 Mb which is beyound my
flash capacity.
So is there any way to reduce the size of .hex file

thanking in advance