Re: JFFS2 eats memory

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 20:52 +0200, Ãyvind Harboe wrote:
> I caught it in gc.c where at some point the code assumes that gc_node
> does not change beneath it. Don't remember.

Hmmm. That sounds like it could break anyway. Can you be more specific?

Also, memset the raw_node_ref to 0xdeadbeef before you free it. (Or run
with slab poisoning enabled in Linux). We should go through the code and
make sure manually that nothing's going to dereference a pointer to the
old node after it's freed, but the poisoning is a quick and useful
debugging aid.

--
dwmw2