From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Lunn
Sent: 6. august 2004 15:23
To: eCos Disuss
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Flash infrastructure rework

> I put the code on a branch so that a few people can test it and so we
> get a better idea how stable the code is with hardware i don't have
> access to.

This is what i decided to do. In cvs there is now a branch called
flash_v2. If you checkout/update to that branch you will get my new
flash code. There is also new generic drivers for SST and Strata. Since
so many targets use strata i did not want to modify them all to use the
new driver. So the strata driver is a new packets along side the old
one. For the SST driver i have modified all targets that use it. That
was easier since only the e7t and the aim711 use this driver.

I've attached a hardware dependent driver for our platform which makes
use of the sst and strata device. This could be used as an example as to
how to modify the hardware dependent part of a flash driver to use the
new code.

One thing to watch out for is that the hardware dependent driver has to
go into libextras.a. If you forget this the driver will be thrown away
at link time...

And lastly a warning to testers.... There could be bugs which destroy
your boot loader etc. Make sure you can restore the device with jtag
before playing with this code.

        Thanks
                Andrew