Re: Atmel eb55 redboot problem

Are you attempting to do this after the pre-loaded Angel bootloader has run or not? If so, there's probably no need to set up the EBI first - the instructions in the documentation seemed to work fine for me:

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/redboot/at91.html

If you are performing these instructions from power-up, i.e. before Angel manages to run, you will probably need to get the clock working at the expected speed before running Redboot - I'm not sure how problematic it would be running Redboot at the default rate of the EB55 board, which is somewhat less than what Redboot expects. The following commands worked for me when I managed to delete Angel from flash (oops) and needed to use the Wiggler to jumpstart Redboot RAM into the board:

word 0xffff4020 = 0x002f0002 ;clock
word 0xffff4020 = 0x002f4002 ;
word 0xffff4020 = 0x032f4102 ;
word 0xffff4020 = 0x032f8102 ;
word 0xffe00000 = 0x01002529 ;EBI
word 0xffe00004 = 0x02002121 ;
word 0xffe00024 = 0x00000006 ;
word 0xffe00020 = 0x00000001 ;remap

Then I could use the Wiggler to download the CVS-provided Redboot RAM image.

Hope this helps

Alan Bowman