configtool message - add and remove hardware packages by creating a new hardware template..

I've just finished successfully building and installing Redboot (ROM) for my
customized IXP425 board and it's great to see the Redboot prompt appearing
on my Hyperterm console.. one of the best days of my life :-)

I built my image by using the anon cvs sources and used the ixdp425
development board template using configtool (the graphical tool for ecos
configuration) and I want to continue to use the graphical configtool for
further development (I like the interactive conflict resolution)

Now I'm working on integrating the code

I use ecosadmin.tcl and add the npe.epk into my source repository. If I were
to continue using the command line ecosconfig, I would do a

"ecosconfig new ixdp425 redboot
"ecosconfig import ../../../.../redboot_rom.ecm
"ecosconfig add <package>
"ecosconfig add <package>
"ecosconfig tree"
"make"
and I know this will work..

However since I want to continue using configtool, I load up configtool,
select "ixdp425" as my template and use redboot as the package, All well and
good, and now I can just build my configuration.. and can get a build.  But
when I try to add <packages> , it gives me the following message:

" add and remove hardware packages by creating a new hardware template?"

Can someone tell me why this happens and how I can add these packages into
my configuration starting with the ixdp425 template and baseline redboot
package?

Thanks

Krishna