Re: Terminal over TCP too slow

ok, i'll try, but i am running out of time for such small things (diploma theses)....

Andrew Lunn wrote:

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 05:06:22PM +0200, Christian Mueller wrote:

arm 922t, the EXPA1 SOPC altera board to be more exactly...
could be, because i have many interrupt routine replies in my system. (I use an external firewire board, and when I make a request to the bus, I have to wait for the interupt to occour).
So many cyg_semaphore_wait()'s....
So I have to live with that? I don't want, because I have to read out many registers on my firewire nodes and display them, so it's no fun :-( to wait.

The diagnostic channel is not meant for high performace. It disables interrupts and uses polled I/O etc. You will get much better performance it you include the TCP/IP stack and implement a basic TCP connection for outputting your messages.

Andrew