Re: Help on JFFS2

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 05:39:35PM +0800, Manoj Abraham wrote:
> Sir,

> Sorry for the disturbances I have made.I have already searched the
> sites and I couldn't find an answer. The man page I got describes
> only about the mkfs.jffs2 utility options. When I use the mkfs.jffs2
> I am always getting the following error,
>
>     $ mkfs.jffs2 -h
> /usr/bin/mkfs.jffs2: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

You should of said this the first time. We cannot help you if you
don't tell us what is wrong.

Your machine appears to think the program is a shell script. On my
system it is a binary executable. First thing to do it run file on it.

file /usr/bin/mkfs.jffs2

$ file /usr/bin/mkfs.jffs
/usr/bin/mkfs.jffs: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.2.0, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

If you really have a shell script, read it and see if you can find the
syntax error. If you have a binary it looks like its corrupt somehow.

        Andrew