Re: Error: Socket was forcibly closed by remote host

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 05:11:37PM +0530, Vijay Padiyar wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Well we analyzed the network data with Ethereal. We find that during the
> Redboot initialization, the DHCP protocol works fine. The flow is as
> follows:
>
> Board                                    DHCP Server
> ------------                          -------------------
>
> DHCP INIT             ----->
>                                 <-----     DHCP OFFER
> DHCP REQUEST   ----->
>                                 <-----     DHCP ACK
>
> But during the application image execution, the DHCP phase goes as follows:
>
> Board                                    DHCP Server
> ------------                          -------------------
>
> DHCP INIT             ----->
>                                 <-----     DHCP OFFER
> DHCP REQUEST   ----->
>                             (TIMEOUT)
> DHCP REQUEST   ----->
>                             (TIMEOUT)
> ..
> ..
> ..
> "BOOTP/DHCP Failed on eth1"

Have you tried actually debugging the problem? Is the packet received
by the ethernet driver? Does it get passed into the IP stack? Does the
IP stack pass it to the bootp code?

Once you have found out where the packet gets dropped you will be half
way to solving your problem.

        Andrew