Re: merging main CVS with flash_v2 branch

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 01:02:04PM +0700, Mike Jastrebtsoff wrote:
> Hello, All.
>
> I am not an expert in CVS.
> I want to make a merge saving last changes in HEAD branch(last jffs2
> for ex.) & getting flash ver. 2 infrastructure.
>
> How to do that right?

Two options:

You do a merge of the branch into the trunk for the parts that have
changed. To do this:

Check out the trunk.

The you need to do something like

cvs up -j flash_v2 io/flash
cvs up -j flash_v2 dev/flash
cvs up -j flash_v2 redboot
cvs up -j flash_v2 fs/jffs2

Second option is to simply use the trunk for some parts and the branch
for others. To do this:

Check out the trunk.

then

cvs up -r flash_v2 io/flash
cvs up -r flash_v2 dev/flash
cvs up -r flash_v2 redboot

There was a minor change to jffs2 in the flash_v2 branch you should
merge into the trunk.

There is good documentation for cvs. On most *nix boxes you can do

info cvs

Its well worth reading through the first section and then using the
rest as reference.

        Andrew