Re: Remote Method Invocation in eCos

    I was wondering if there is a RMI-like API in eCos for invoking
    remote methods, remote tasking etc...
    I could not find any such references in the mail archives.
    Any pointers?

AFAIK there isn't.

    Any Ideas on which module (kernel, net etc...) I should write one in,
if there isn't one already.
    Thanks
    - Abhi

What do you have in mind ? (Java) RMI, (Sun) RPC, Corba, XMLRPC, ... ?

More like Java RMI. I want the server to start a new thread and run the request (that sort of semantics).

What do you intend to do with it ?

Communicate between eCos and host (running on a linux box) both ways. I will need to write both client & server logic.
I am hoping to do this in the scheduler/task layer rather than above it (hopefully this will make it more lightweight)

Any pointers as to what examples/sources I should look at to get better grip on the implementation.

thanks
- Abhi

Do you want to call remote methods on a host from within ecos or do you
want  to call remote methods in ecos from a host ?

Bye
Alex