eCos Thread Switching

Hi,

I my system does the following. I have my own bootcode and I'm not using
RedBoot. Furthermore I'm _not_ using the Startup procedure of eCos (at this
point) because when I do use this my system will not startup right. So I thought
I use my own startup procedures (which proved to be working) and then startup
eCos by setting it up manually.
Now I have a couple of questions:
Is this setup even possible? If yes, what steps do I have to take to get it
working? I tried a couple of things and I seem to get eCos running but thread
switching is not happening because the RTC is not running or the interrupt is
not setup right...
Any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance.