Re: Interupt vector 19

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:05:25 +0200, Wayne Gemmell <wayneg@ananzi.co.za> wrote:

On Wednesday 24 November 2004 17:32, Wolfram Kattanek wrote:
On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:41:41 +0200, Wayne Gemmell <wayneg@ananzi.co.za>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm getting spurious interrupts on vector 19. Could somebody please tell
> me which interrupt this is related to an how you know this so I can find
> out for myself in future. I get this sometimes when I restart a program
> in v850-elf-gdb without resetting the unit.
> I am using Falcom F35-XXL-SI-G8-1.

You can have a look in
$ECOS_REPOSITORY/hal/v85x/v850/current/include/var_intr.h where you'll find
all the interrupt vectors from the V850. Vector 19 is timer interrupt
CYGNUM_HAL_VECTOR_INTTM10 which in fact is the timer used for the eCos real
time clock. The timer will continue to generate interrupts until you stop
it or reset your target. The best way to achieve the latter is to use the
"disconnect" command from gdb which sends a special gdb reset command to
the target. To summarize: your observed behaviour of your program, gdb and
target seems to be quite normal.
Thanks for the help. What is stopping this from happening on a live,
unmonitored system?

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. On a "normal" target (e.g. with firmware using eCos kernel functionalities) the eCos real time clock triggers the eCos scheduler. That means that timer (in your case vector 19) interrupts are a prerequisite for a running system...

Wolfram
--
Wolfram 'L.A.' Kattanek     Institut fuer Mikroelektronik- und
Email:       LA@imms.de     Mechatronik-Systeme (IMMS) gGmbH