Re: configtool fails building tests

 --- Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> escreveu:
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 04:45:20PM -0300, Daniel
> Gomes wrote:
> > Hello, people.
> >
> > I'm trying to build the Tests in eCos
> Configuration
> > Tool, but it's failing to compile. I'm using the
> > ecos.ecc generated from Cirrus Logic for their
> EDB9301
> > eval board.
> >
> > I know the the error is because cyg_start is
> declared
> > both in redboot (main.c) and test (context.c), but
> > don't know what to do !! Please, someone give me
> some
> > light ! Thanks a lot !
>
> The configuration you used for redboot is not valid
> for applications,
> since redboot itself is an application. You need to
> use a different
> template, eg posix, or net. Anything but redboot.
> The tests will then
> compile.
>
>         Andrew

Indeed, Andrew, thanks a lot. I'm not meaning that it
compiled, because other errors occurred.
It's so bad that Cirrus Logic made a big mess with
eCos 2.0 in the EDB9301 eval kit, not following the
standards proposed by eCos team.
Now, everytime I try to add or remove packages, I get
segfault in configtool.
I don't know if it's Cirrus fault or a bug in the
configtool. I'm afraid to update my eCos and lost
compatibility with EDB9301, because it's not
officially suported by eCos (and I really think it's
time for it to be ;).

Best regards, Daniel.

=====
---