Status of eCos copyright assignments to the FSF?

More than a year has passed since this announcement:
http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-announce/2003/msg00008.html.

Is there any progress? We have a list of contributions we would like to
make, but assigning copyright to eCosCentric is a sensitive issue. While
we would prefer a model without copyright assignment (e.g. I just took
a look at my Apache Software Foundation Contributor Licence Agreement,
and this model seems preferable to me; legal validity and advantages of a
copyright assignment can be questioned), we would be more inclined to
1. assign copyright to the FSF instead of eCosCentric, and
2. explicitly limit the scope of the assignment to only that code that we
want to specifically contribute, rather than signing a blanket
assignment.

bfn, Wouter