Re: the endian of smsc lan91cxx driver

My following problem is not yet resolved now . Could anyone get me any advice?

xxchen

I am sorry for sending mail directly to specific engineer.
Any advice will be appreciated

Thank you!.

xxchen

Dear jlarmour,

I found your upload of lan91cxx driver on 27 Feb 2003. In the log message, you said it supported big endian. But I think it supported big endian before your modification. Your version added code to support the little endian.

The following is the reason:

On my board, the data bus D0-D7 of 91C111 are connected to D0-D7 of CPU(SH7760). And D8-D15 of 91C111 are connected to D8-D15 of CPU. The board is configured as big endian.

When I use the version before your update, I read out 0x3300 from the bank select register. But when I use your version of the driver, I read out 0x0033 from the bank select register. I think the 0x3300 is correct.

Is there any wrong of my recognition.

I cannot make my lan board run now. Could you please give me some advice?

xxchen