Re: redboot on IXDP425

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 12:28, Nickolay wrote:
> jerzy dyrda wrote:

> >>Hmm... but we talk about vxWorks loader, not vxWorks operation system.
> >>And i think that vxWorks loader doesn't use MMU?
> >
> >Hi again,
> >
> >Probably , this is only suppose because it isn't all sources for vxWorks,
> >loader use MMU with translation one to one (virtual to  physical). You can
> >use loader's option copy and go.
> >
> >Best Regards,
> >jerzy
>
> Hmm...
> vxWorks loader doesn't has opton "copy and go".
> I used option 'm' for modify memory and write redboot.bin at 0x80000,
> and then option
> 'g' for go to 0x80040, but it isn't work...
>
> This is all bootloader options:
> [VxWorks Boot]: ?
>
>  ?                     - print this list
>  @                     - boot (load and go)
>  p                     - print boot params
>  c                     - change boot params
>  l                     - load boot file
>  g adrs                - go to adrs
>  d adrs[,n]            - display memory
>  m adrs                - modify memory
>  f adrs, nbytes, value - fill memory
>  t adrs, adrs, nbytes  - copy memory
>  e                     - print fatal exception
>  n netif               - print network interface device address
>  $dev(0,procnum)host:/file h=# e=# b=# g=# u=usr [pw=passwd] f=#
>                            tn=targetname s=script o=other
>  Boot flags:
>    0x02  - load local system symbols
>    0x04  - don't autoboot
>    0x08  - quick autoboot (no countdown)
>    0x20  - disable login security
>    0x40  - use bootp to get boot parameters
>    0x80  - use tftp to get boot image
>    0x100 - use proxy arp
Hi Nicolay,

I think about :
1.>  t adrs, adrs, nbytes  - copy memory - to copy program in proper place
2. >  g adrs                - go to adrs - go to selected address

Probably this loader "make something special" for vxWorks image  -
documentation for loader is very poor ( I spoke today morning with someone
from vxWorks but he told me only that : load, copy to proper place and go
adrs).

Best Regards,
jerzy