Re: GoAhead web server on eCos

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 08:45 -0700, Somashekhara, Gowda (IE10) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run goahead web server on ecos for a x86 platform.
> The web server is compiling properly and I downloaded the bin file to target
> board.
> But when I am running the web server the following message is displayed and
> web server wont run.
>
> "PANIC: zinit: Out of memory"
>
> Can anybody tell me what does this mean? I am using v2.0 ecos packages and
> the n/w adapter is with ns dp83816.

This error means just what it says - eCos has run out of memory trying
to initialize the network environment.  The most likely cause is that
you are trying to use one of the limited configurations (e.g. FLOPPY)

How did you configure eCos?  In particular, what startup mode are you
using?

> Thanks and Regards,
> :-) Som

BTW sending your question 3 times in as many hours does not improve the
speed or quality of responses (probably the other way 'round!)