Re: Fw: Build toolchain for EDB9302 board by CIRRUS

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:03:02 +0200, Alexey Farovich
<alexey.f@tabor.co.il> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am a newbie to eCOS and I need some tips:
>
> 1. Did anybody run eCOS 2.0 on EDB9301 or EDB9302 (ARM920T core) board by
> CIRRUS?
Yes

> 2. I've downloaded the arm-elf-gcc-3.2.1-full.tar.bz2 from CIRRUS site, and
> run 'build.sh' script, then I got some errors in the section (Strip the
> executables in the install directory) of the script file. I work in the
> cygwin 1.5.12 under Windows 2000 (Pro+SP4). What is the problem?
Dude; if your looking for help you need to provide FAR more
information.  And before you do make sure you have read all of the
documentation. (not suggesting that you haven't, just make sure you
have).  Where is your error log?  Have you asked Cirrus?  What have
you tried before asking for help?  Another option if you have a spare
box kicking around is to try it on a Linux box.  (It works great for
me under Linux)

Mailing list members like to see that you've exerted some effort
yourself to understand what is wrong before posting a question so that
they can give better answers.

> 3 Which directory I need to extract of the eCOS sources to patch
> patch-ecos-2.0-cirrus1.0.2.bz2 by CIRRUS?
The build script takes care of it; read the script to find out how.
Use the source Luke.