FTP Client and TFTP Client trouble

I don't really have a preference which of these I use, but neither of
them are currently working.  I did switch to the ROM-based application
mode however and now the application IP is pingable.

The TFTP Server on my host machine acknowledges the requests, and
attempts to send the files, but the packets are not received and
processed by eCos as the tftp server is timing out with 10 retry
attempts and 10 seconds.

The FTP Client complains that my hostname is invalid. (error -3 -
NOSUCHHOST). I have tried using 192.168.0.1 and davespc as the
hostnames but neither work.  I am sure the FTP server is configured
correctly.  tcpdump shows no packets issued to port 21 of my host
machine.

Any suggestions for these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave