From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org [mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Krishna Ganugapati
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 11:26 PM
To: Nickolay
Cc: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Help with booting Linux off my Redboot prompt

Thanks Nickolay

I did specify all four parameters to "exec" and while things do not dump
core or anything -- it looks like its hanging somewhere in the Linux
startup. I understand this may be the wrong place to pose the question, but
has anyone used the BDI2000 to debug a Linux target after it has been
invoked from Redboot using exec.

The BDI2000 documentation is pretty sparse.

I also discovered that the base address for the IXDP425 is 0x00600000 after
greping through the sources.

My board only has UART 0 and I'm suspecting that it has something to do with
how the Linux console works. I get no output to my console window once I
invoke exec...

I need to figure out how to debug a Linux target under Redboot using a
BDI2000

Thanks

Krishna