Re: running eCos apllication from floppy

hello,

i tried out executing an ecos application from the floppy:

step1)

i built an application with a startup type of FLOPPY, by selecting the
FLOPPY option in the
startup type field in the configtool. with default package for i386 pc.

step2)

[ron@localhost floppy_start_app]$ ls
hello.c
[ron@localhost floppy_start_app]$ i386-elf-gcc -fdata-sections -o
hello -I/home/ron/ecos-work/rohan/floppy_start/floppyecc_install/include
hello.c -L/home/ron/ecos-work/rohan/floppy_start/floppyecc_install/lib
-Ttarget.ld -nostdlib
[ron@localhost floppy_start_app]$ ls
hello  hello.c
[ron@localhost floppy_start_app]$ i386-elf-objcopy -O binary hello hello.bin
[ron@localhost floppy_start_app]$ ls
hello  hello.bin  hello.c
[ron@localhost floppy_start_app]$ dd conv=sync if=hello.bin of=/dev/fd0
95+1 records in
96+0 records out
[ron@localhost floppy_start_app]$

step3)

booting from floppy. Nothing seems to go wrong ,

			but the screen, after booting, remains blank.

What possibly cud be the problem?

-Rohan