Re: inclusion of kapi.h in/ecos/packages/io/fileio/current/include/fileio.h

    Bob> After upgrading my tree to latest CVS, redboot no longer
    Bob> compiles due to the inclusion from the subject. (I use jffs2
    Bob> with redboot)

    Bob> Seems like cdl should at least impose a dependency on the
    Bob> kernel package. Otoh, I do not like this too much as it is no
    Bob> longer possible to share the flash filesystem between the
    Bob> application and redboot, something we 've been doing a lot
    Bob> lately.

    Bob> Of course, I may be missing something.

    Bob> Anybody any comments ?

File I/O functionality should be available in a non-kernel
configuration. It looks like the patch that broke this was
http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2004-12/msg00002.html,
aimed at making select() more efficient. The select support is
active_if CYGPKG_KERNEL.

I suspect that the #include for kapi.h and the "Select support"
section lower down should be wrapped in a #ifdef
CYGFUN_IO_FILEIO_SELECT.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect