"Preemption Threshold(TM)" feature of ThreadX

While studying about Threadx features on www.expresslogic.com,
came across a feature called "Preemption Threshold(TM)" that allows the
application to disable preemption over ranges of priorities instead of
disabling preemption of the entire system.

As they mention, applications can take advantage of this to reduce
the number of context switches, eliminate un-deterministic priority
inversion, and to create priority classes that execute in a
non-preempted fashion.

I wonder if such kind of feature was ever considered for ecos and how
fruitful it will be for ecos (single-processor/multi-processor)?

At first glance, I find this having a skewing effect because there can be some
threads in that range of priorities for whom we don't want to avail of this
facility. Well, application writer is supposed to ensure that.

any threadx expert here to tell if that range of priority is dynamically
adjustable (to even NULL range) in threadx.

sandeep

Looking for someone to work with you? Visit http://members.fortunecity.com/sandeepkumar/resumesan.html