GDB: eset RedBoot

Helly everybody,

I'm using the RedBoot monitor to execute and debug my eCos-application on my
x86-target via the serial line. Everything works fine, loading down the
program, setting breakpoints, stepping ... but nevertheless I have one
question:

I want to sent the RedBoot monitor a reset command via the serial line. I
tried 'remote reset' after connecting sucessfully with 'target remote
/dev/ttyS0' but I only get an 'Remote device not open' as answer from gdb.

How can I open the remote device? Is there another way to send a reset
command to the RedBoot monitor?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Fabian

--
SMS bei wichtigen e-mails und Ihre Gedanken sind frei ...
Alle Infos zur SMS-Benachrichtigung: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/sms