Re: default network port on ixp425

ok,
I am interested in doing this enhancement and post the patch back here ..

What I think I am going to do is :

-> let redboot come up, read fconfig, get the default port to begin with ..
-> try and access the network using this port ..
-> If the network cannot be accessed, use the other port to access the
network ..

The last step I am not sure if it requires a reboot (feeling from ur
comments), cannot we attach a port for stack at run time itself ? I
think we can, as fconfig parsing is also at run time only ..

I dont intend to change the fconfig to use the last successfull port,
(might be an optional feature for later)

I have just started with redboot and have been doing small changes,
and am not that comfortable with the code ..
can you please tell me from which files is this network initialisation
being done ?? and I can start digging.
I have a reason to conclude that redboot behaves same way on all IXP
plattforms infact. i,e not switch ports in case of failure.

Cheers,
Alfred