Event based programming in ecos

Hi all

I'm looking to make an event based program. Is there any easy way to do this?
Could you please give me some directions, links. I was thinking of running a
loop to monitor the sensors but this doesn't strike me as efficient and could
possibly be done better with interrupts and threads.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Wayne Gemmell