Re: dual uart driver

On Sun, 2005-03-27 at 18:28 -0800, Chi Lam wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  I am implementing a 2nd uart driver in eCos on the
>  Broadcom BMC91112 mips chip. The first uart driver
>  is working fine which is provided by Broadcom. I have
>  the following questions on the 2nd uart driver:
>
>  1. I plan to use a different uart base address and a
>  different interrupt number for the second uart. Can
>  I share the same ISR routine for both uarts?
>
>  2. In which situation should I use polling and
>  interrupt method? I plan to use the interrupt
>  method.
>
>  3. Where can I get sample implementation for 2 uart
>  driver?

There are many such examples in the source tree.  Look at any of
the PowerPC serial drivers (devs/serial/powerpc/...)

Basically, you need to provide tables (descriptions) of each
device you want to support.  There are different [table driven]
drivers for debug I/O (kept in your platform HAL) and interrupt
driven drivers (in the devs/serial tree)

n.b. repeating your query three times in 24 hours does not improve
your chances of a speedy reply.  This is a purely voluntary project
(and list), so you need to be patient.