Re: Getting started with eCOS...

On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 19:18 +0530, Sarvex Jatasra wrote:
> Hi group.
> I am a new member if this group, and trying to learn eCOS.
>
> I started with downloading the eCOS source for CygWin on windows along
> with the ecos-elf-i386 tools. I ran the "configtool.exe" and was able to
> build the eCOS library. But I am not able to figure out how to generate
> the final executable and run it on my Pentium 4 processor.

What final executable?  eCos comes in two parts - the kernel (library)
and your application.  You need to build an application using the
library you've configured and built.

Have you read the "Getting Started" section of the online documentation?
It goes through this using the sample applications (in the .../examples
directory of the eCos sources).

You could also look at:
  http://www.mlbassoc.com/examples/build_hello.html
but it uses the command line configuration tool (I seldom use the GUI).
The principles are the same though.

Don't forget that to run a program on your x86 processor, you'll
need some way of loading it - from FLOPPY or via RedBoot or GRUB.
You'll also need to set the startup type appropriately.