Re: Adding string library, with SERIAL and DEBUG excluded.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 07:35:20PM +1000, Erik Christiansen wrote:
> It looks like CYGBLD_ISO_STRING_BSD_FUNCS_HEADER should enable the
> string library (BSD string functions), but if I uncomment:
>
>     # user_value 0 0
>
> is there some magic in the presence of two values, that must be dealt
> with? Since the two bit "booldata" can only have 3 other values, I can
> muck about with them. Maybe I can work it out from the code, but if
> anyone knows already, it'd be great.

What template are you using? Most templates have string functions
already so you should not have to do anything.

If you are using the minimal template then all you should need to do
is:

ecosconfig add libc_string

and all these configuration options will be set automagically.

BTW, booldata means that the first value is bool and the second is
data. Data can be anything, so its not four combination its an
infinate number. You should find that it ends up with

1 <cyg/libc/string/bsdstring.h>

        Andrew