RE: need ARM eval board to evaluate ECOS (incl. Ethernet)

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 04:46 -0700, Andy Voelkel wrote:
> OK, so I found the devs folder one level up from the URL you originally
> sent. I thought I was going crazy for a few minutes.
>
> Not being familiar with NE2000, I did an internet search. It seems to be
> some sort of "standard", I assume for a MAC level Ethernet interface.
>
> So the question is, are there are any ARM9 eval boards available which
> contain a NE2000 compatible MAC?

Look in "ecos.db" - this is the master package database and describes
the various components available.  The "target" descriptions are for
actual boards.  From them, you can find the available ARM targets,
and using that figure out which board uses which [style of] ethernet
device.

The ARM Innovator (an ARM9 evaluation board from ARM or TI?) is
available using the SMC91C96, another industry standard ethernet
controller.

I'd suggest that you pick something simpler, such as the Cerf Cube.
It has everything you've asked for, except that it is SA1110 based
(not ARM9)