Synthetic Target newbie question

Hi,

I am new to eCos (and embedded programming) and have been trying to set up a synthetic target.

I have installed the prebuilt eCos, built the synth_host tools and built a default synthetic target on a linux-2.6.10 FC2 OS.

When I run a simple example program a SIGSEGV is generated. According to the debugger this is occuring in synth_alarm_sighandler.

I presume I have failed to set up my synthetic target correctly. Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Richard Forrest