Re: Synthetic Target newbie question

    Richard> I am new to eCos (and embedded programming) and have been
    Richard> trying to set up a synthetic target.

    Richard> I have installed the prebuilt eCos, built the synth_host
    Richard> tools and built a default synthetic target on a
    Richard> linux-2.6.10 FC2 OS.

    Richard> When I run a simple example program a SIGSEGV is
    Richard> generated. According to the debugger this is occuring in
    Richard> synth_alarm_sighandler.

    Richard> I presume I have failed to set up my synthetic target
    Richard> correctly. Can someone tell me what I might be doing
    Richard> wrong?

You are not doing anything wrong. The Fedora folks have subtly broken
something in the kernel signal handling. The eCos anoncvs tree has a
workaround, so you'll need to switch to that.

http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2005-05/msg00042.html for
more details.

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect