Re: Re: C++ Support

Øyvind Harboe wrote:

http://www.zylin.com/libstdc++.html
http://www.zylin.com/stlport.html

For the libstdc++ stuff I submitted a patch to eCos w.r.t. some issues
with using C++ early in eCos startup, but it didn't receive any comments
so far:

Hi,

I am currently investigating myself about eCos, GCC and C++. I've read your instructions in the URL mentioned above, which were quite interesting and I see that you are using eCos pthreads compatibility layer to make gcc thread safe.

There is another possibility: add a "*-*-ecos" target in GCC that would use the ecos kernel functions to implement the gthread API. A complete GCC port for eCos should also probably include a single/multi threaded option (like the -pthread option for AIX targets) so that you can use a bare eCos without kernel.
Has anyone already done some work around these ideas ?

--
 Jerome Souquieres