Re: Lightweight C++ multithreaded exceptions

> Your patches and instructions will certainly work in some situations. Some
> of it was using the code I included for our own C++ support anyway but did
> release :-), e.g. CYGPKG_LIBC_I18N_NEWLIB_CTYPE. But there are definitely
> a lot of gotchas once you introduce variation, including when you change
> to different architectures or try to use the libstdc++ library itself.

I haven't taken my stuff through the libstdc++ testsuite. Mainly because
there is very little point. It does what I need and eCosCentric is
destined to release libstdc++ before these issues affect me. Or possibly
things will linger long enough that I make one more pass over the
libstdc++ stuff. No point in spending time until I know whether it is
necessary :-)

I've counted at least three projects that went from eCos to MMU-less
Linux variants when they tried to get STL to work(all had oodles of RAM,
which gives eCos less of an edge anyway) and I know there are at least a
handful of people using my hacked up stopgap solution.

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com