Re: TCP socket problem : connect and bind

In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:

>> Since you don't have a DHCP server, I suggest you
>> disable DHCP and manually assign the IP address.
>> Check your ecc file and look for
>> CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_MANUAL (set to 1)
>> CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_BOOTP (set to 0)
>> Of course then you'll have to setup the IP address,
>> mask and gateway in the CDL as well.
>
> Also remember that RedBoot and the application need different
> IP addresses.

If you want to do GDB via TCP.  The product line I work on is
set up so that RedBoot and the eCos app used the same IP
configuration (both either got the same address from DHCP or
they both used the same static IP address).  It works fine if
that's what you really want to do.  Shipping something that
required two IP addresses was deemed to be untenable.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  .. Should I get
                                  at               locked in the PRINCIPAL'S