Efficient way to wake up a task...

Hi
I need to wake up a task after an interruption handling.
I am wondering which is the more efficient way to do that :
1- suspend the task and resume it in the ISR
2- make the task wait forever for a flag and set the flag in the ISR
3- use mailboxes.

On pSos, I used an event sending to wake up my task. I heard it was the fastest way and lowest memory cost do do it, compared to mailbox. But I had no evidence about it, I believed it naively.
I don't know how is it for eCos.

Thank you for your advices.

Rq : the task to be waken has the highest priority of my system, and in the ISR I just copy a 256bytes long buffer to a static buffer and send the wake-up signal...